Visit and Tour Palestine
This summer, group of members and volunteers form the International Palestinian Youth League took the initiative to organize a one week long study trip for youth, students, researchers, journalists and interested people. The trip aims at providing chance for interested people to learn, visit and enjoy Palestine in a professional and friendly way. The trip will cover almost all the areas and districts of Palestine (excluding Gaza) and will give first hand information and news about the daily reality, culture, politics and concerns of the Palestinian people.
We encourage young people and volunteers from all over the world to attend this study trip which will be one of a kind in terms of subjects covered and places to visit as well as opening new horizons for them to look for voluntary or work or internship opportunities in Palestine.
The seats are very limited and will treat the applications first come first registered.
Since this trip is not financed or supported by any donor, and participants should cover their own air fair and subscription fees, we are ready to write any supporting letter for any student of individual who might use it to search for subsidy from any institution or donor in his/her country.
Arrivals of the group on: 01/June/2011
Hostel name: Bethlehem
Welcome in the afternoon by IPYL and discussing the trip program.
Day Two: “Bethlehem City”
- Tour in the old city an visit to the Nativity Church
- Visit to a refugee camp in Bethlehem.
- Visit to local organizations working with refugees and arts.
- Lunch in Bethlehem
- A visit to the Wall sight and see the effects of the Wall and the illegal Jewish settlements.
- A visit to the AIC the Alternative Information Center.
Day Three: “Hebron City “
- Meeting with young people at IPYL.
- A tour in the old of Hebron and visit “Abraham mosque“.
- Lunch in the City of Hebron
- A visit to the HRC, Hebron Rehabilitation Committee.
- A visit to the CPT, the Christian Peacemakers Team
- Visit to Glass Blowing factory and ceramic
Day Four: “East Jerusalem City “
- A visit to the old city of Jerusalem, Al-Aqsa mosque, the holey churches, and the walls of the old city.
- A visit Burj Laq Laq youth (Stroke) association (old city)
- Meeting with Palestinian politician rom Jerusalem, discussion on Jerusalem and its significance to Palestinians.
- Lunch in the old city of Jerusalem
- Visit to two local Palestinian organizations in the old city.
- film about Jerusalem
Day Five: “Ramallah City “
- A visit to Yasser Arafat’s Shrine
- A visit to Al-Haq institute for Human Rights
- A visit to Al-Demeer organization for political prisoners
- A discussion with Dr. Zahera Kamel, a Palestinian feminist and activist in the Women Rights-women in Palestine.
- Lunch in the city of Ramallah.
- A visit to “Stop the Wall Campaign“- organization.
- A tour in the City of Ramallah
Day Six: “Jericho city”
- A visit to the Dead Sea- swim and fun
- A visit to the old Monuments and Palaces in Jericho like “Hisham Palace “.
- A tour in the ancient City of Jericho- Tel Al Sultan.
- Lunch in Jericho
- Visit to the Qrontol Monastery- mountain by Cable Car
Day Seven: “Nablus city”
- Tour in the old city of Nablus
- Turkish Bath
- Lunch in Nablus
- visit refugee camps in Nablus
- Panorama tour or the city- mountains.
- Sweets and soap factories.
- Free day / shopping/ visiting friends. .etc. and preparation for departure
- Evaluation of the trip
1. We can arrange and prepare for parties in the evenings upon the request of the participants.
2. Evenings could be reserved for further lectures and in official meetings, film showing, plays, theater (according to the availability in the country and the locations)
3. The participation fees 600 Euros covers:
- Food (three meals a day), accommodation (in hostels) and transportation.
- Coordination fees for the organization.
- Entrance fees to historical places; the ones controlled by the Palestinian Authority.
- Tour guides and tips.
- Honorarium fees for speakers and lecturers.
4. We don’t cover:
- Health and medical insurance.
- Entrance fees to Israeli sites.
- Evening Parties and drinks.
- Any extra expenses that is not mentioned in the notes above.
- Last day for registration is: 20/May/2011
Ref: Mr. Hamada Hamdan
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 00972 2 2229131
Fax: 00972 2 2290652
Mobile: 00972 599 730 327